Ham Radio
Ham Radio, Electronics, Software and more...

Home » Ham Radio » New Hams and Hams in the Making » Looking for help!!!!!!!
Looking for help!!!!!!! [message #88] Mon, 11 December 2006 19:01 Go to next message
Gary M. is currently offline  Gary M.
Hi all, i am just starting a new adventure ,I have purchased some equip. from a relative ,and am courious to know if a licence is still required to operate my equip.??????? and to speak about the equip iv'e purchsed. Possiable distances that could be achived with the antenna,s that came with it Thanks for any info Gary
Re: Looking for help!!!!!!! [message #89 is a reply to message #88] Sat, 16 December 2006 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kc2nda is currently offline  kc2nda
Gary:

What's the model numbers on the equipment? From there you should be able to look up what frequencies they can communihoneye on (unless you have the manuals already). Of course you will need to pass an exam to transmit. But you can listen without a license. They are in the process of dropping the morse code requirements now, as a matter of fact I think just yesterday. However for your technician license you don't need to pass the morse code test. I recommend buy this book; "Now your talking" which you can buy at amazon used for a very good price. This book will help you pbassthe first test, and it is very easy!
Here is a link: http://www.amazon.com/Youre-Talking-Radio-License-Fifth/dp/0 872598810

Also, make sure you have the correct antennas hooked up and tested before transmitting because you can damage the equipment! Smile

KC2NDA

[Updated on: Sun, 13 May 2007 14:21] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Looking for help!!!!!!! [message #124 is a reply to message #88] Sun, 11 March 2007 22:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
celes_maxtrac is currently offline  celes_maxtrac
KC2NDA, I checked out the link and it provided me with great detail. Should I have seen it earlier, I think I could have spared myself from much trouble.

Re: Looking for help!!!!!!! [message #125 is a reply to message #88] Tue, 10 April 2007 06:55 Go to previous message
matt07 is currently offline  matt07
Yeah, thanks for the link. It helped me as well.

Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Nov 25 06:27:50 EST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03519 seconds