Ham Radio
Ham Radio, Electronics, Software and more...

Home » Ham Radio » Brag Forum » Honda Element Carputer Screen Installation (Honda Element Carputer Screen Installation)
Honda Element Carputer Screen Installation [message #3111] Thu, 11 June 2015 01:01
root is currently offline  root
I was tired of my stock radio and since everything is driven by computers, it was time to install the carputer in the Honda Element! The screen was purchased off of ebay. It is fully touch and the computer at the moment is stuffed under the passenger seat. There is also a Raspberry Pi under the seat which I might put also behind the dash. But at the moment, there is a KVM switch that will choose between the Raspberry Pi and the Windows Computer.

Honda Element Carputer Touch Screen Installation

There is a small 30W amp and a HD Radio stuffed behind the screen. The brackets were simply made from a piece of aluminum. They were cut, bent and drilled to fit the screen exactly to the dash.

Honda Element Touch Screen Installation

The nice thing about the Honda Element, is that it has plenty of room behind the dash where the stock radio goes. The next thing that has to be done is to create a mixer to control many different audio inputs.

[Updated on: Fri, 25 September 2015 22:52]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Honda Element Ham Radio Installation
Next Topic: Why install a computer in the car? (Carputer)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Nov 25 02:42:56 EST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03640 seconds