|Alinco DJ-580T Air and Out of Band Mod [message #3096]
||Wed, 29 April 2015 01:00
Registered: December 2004
Alinco DJ-580T Air and Out of Band Mod|
This is a very simple mod it will give you aircraft band RX,
from 108-130 Mhz AM. On the first part and RX/TX from 130Mhz-
170Mhz on VHF and 415 - 470 Mhz on UHF (Approximate).
1. Remove the battery from the radio.
2. Look at the bottom of the radio where the battery mounts.
3. Locate four screws that hold the battery mounting plate to the
bottom of the radio. Remove these four screws.
(Be careful, the screws are SMALL!)
4. The battery plate is still attached by two wires but there should
be enough slack in them to get around the plate with a pair of
5. With the radio's keypad and display facing up, locate a loop of
red wire on the right side of the radio interior.
6. Cut this wire for AM Aircraft band RX.
7. On the left side of the interior, locate a loop of blue wire.
8. Cut this wire for TX/RX as described above.
9. Insulate the exposed ends of these wires so they do not short.
10.Re-attach the battery mounting plate and replace the battery.
11.With the radio off, hold down the function key and turn the
73 de Tom/N6ZXY@W6QFK.#SOCA.CA.USA.NA