|Alinco DJ-560-T Extend Transmit Frequencies Mod [message #3092]
||Sat, 28 March 2015 02:49
Registered: December 2004
Alinco DJ-560-T Extend Transmit Frequencies Mod|
The following modifihoneyion to the Alinco DJ-560-T will enable it to transmit out of band. Rumor: may
also enable cross-band repeat.
1. Turn power off.
2. Remove battery.
3. Unscrew stainless steel battery connector plate. This is the rectangular s/s plate found at the
bottom of the unit and is held in place with (4) small chromed, Phillips head screws.
4. Remove Antenna.
5. Unscrew the one black head, Phillips head screw found immediately adjacent to the BNC.
6. Carefully remove the grey DIAL, UHF and VHF plastic knobs.
7. Unscrew the lock ring nuts that are found under each of the three sets of knobs.
8. Gently remove the plastic top cover on the unit.
9. Unscrew the (4) black head Phillips screws that hold the body halves together.
10. Place the unit face down on a work surface that is covered with a towel or a similar soft cloth.
This will protect the unit from being marred while you work on it.
11. Gently separate the two body halves about 1/2" to 3/4".
12. Cut the ORANGE wire loop and reseal the exposed ends with heat shrink tubing.
(NOTE: if your DJ-560T is serial numbered from #0636-0705, the loop will be YELLOW in
color! However whichever the color, cut only the loop! It will be the only loop to be found!)
13. Reassemble the unit in the reverse order of the above instructions.
14. Reset the CPU by holding the 'F' key (above the PTT key) down and turning on the unit.
[Updated on: Sat, 28 March 2015 02:49]
Report message to a moderator