|Yaesu FT-470 RX Frequency Expand Mod [message #3088]
||Sat, 28 March 2015 02:39
Registered: December 2004
Yaesu FT-470 RX Frequency Expand Mod|
1. Program 144.000 simplex into VHF vfo.
2. Press Function key F/M and then press RPT key to obtain the repeater shift.
3. Enter the code 0000 (four time zero).
4. Turn the radio off and then back on.
5. Press the RPT key twice to set + offset.
6. Press REV key once. Now display is 1.144.000 MHZ.
7. Enter this freq. into the U memory (Upper scanning limit) without the repeater offset.
8. Now from 1.144.000 MHZ with + displayed in VFO, go to 1.100.000 MHZ. The fastest way is to push F/M key and
DOWN key but if you pass 1.100.000 MHZ, you will need to restart from the beginning.
9. Push REV key to obtain 100.000 MHZ on the display.
10. Enter this into the L memory (Lower scanning limit) without the repeater offset.
11. Enter a value of 200.000 MHZ in U memory.
12. Now you can use the two limit memories L AND U as a third VFO able to scan from 100 to 200 MHZ (push F/M and MR
when you are in L memory).
13. For UHF repeat same process at UHF vfo starting from 430.000 MHZ to obtain a range of 400 to 500 MHZ.
14. The sensitivity is lower than specifications outside the amateur band, but there are many transmitters you can stil
15. After this modifications restore your repeaters offsets.