Ham Radio
Ham Radio, Electronics, Software and more...

Home » Ham Radio » New Hams and Hams in the Making » equipment
equipment [message #147] Sat, 24 November 2007 17:10 Go to next message
KevinCromley is currently offline  KevinCromley
I just passed my Technician test and I am wondering what equip to buy. I know I want a mobil unit. But I am not sure what model or frequency to get? Too manu options.
Re: equipment [message #148 is a reply to message #147] Mon, 26 November 2007 21:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
root is currently offline  root
Kevin:

It depends on your price range and what you have available in your area. Look for local repeaters and what the frequencies are, and then determine what you would like to do. I prefer ICOM myself. If you want to stick with 2 meters, then go for a IC-V8000. That one sports 75 Watts and works wonderful! If you want a dual bander, I enjoy using my IC-2720. That works wonderful on both bands. OR you could spend a little more money and get a 706. That will be my next unit for the car! Home this helps. Congrats on getting your ticket! Buy a nice radio now, and keep it for a long time! ...then start studying for your general! Don't forget, there is no more code (unfortunately), so it should be cake for you! Good Luck!

Re: equipment [message #301 is a reply to message #148] Mon, 11 October 2010 02:12 Go to previous message
funnyjokes is currently offline  funnyjokes
Thanks for your information.

Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 15:30:59 EST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03845 seconds