Ham Radio
Ham Radio, Electronics, Software and more...

Home » Ham Radio » Radio Mods » DStar easy set up??
DStar easy set up?? [message #3099] Sat, 02 May 2015 08:09 Go to next message
chasb441 is currently offline  chasb441
Hi forum...not sure if anyone can help...got a DStar Icom 51a HT and I can honestly say its one of the most complicated piece of operating systems i have ever tried to use...if anyone knows of an easy introduction to using the system then please let me know...al the sites i have read go far to deep into the concepts and how it works etc...i just want to know how to bloody use it!!! excuse the 'french' but very frustrated !!
Icom ID-51A Basic Instruction Manual. [message #3100 is a reply to message #3099] Fri, 08 May 2015 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kc2nda is currently offline  kc2nda
Icom has a "Basic Instruction Manual" for the Icom ID-51A. It can be found here:

Icom ID-51A Basic Instruction Manual

It looks like a complicated system for sure. But the features are rich. Does this unit come with a MicroSD card or is that something that has to be purchased separately?

Hope this helps..
KC2NDA

[Updated on: Fri, 08 May 2015 00:30]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Icom ID-51A Basic Instruction Manual. [message #3102 is a reply to message #3100] Fri, 08 May 2015 03:35 Go to previous message
chasb441 is currently offline  chasb441
Hi. Thanks for the reply. I have that manual...and yes it's basic, but too basic really. Yes the radio has a memory card and yes I have a basic .icf file loaded. It's just there isn't any information readily available to help getting started with logging onto repeater gateways and accessing other repeaters on the network. I have a guy who helps me but unless your really into the whole "how does it work at top level" info on the internet is sparse. Even YouTube, which is my main 'go to' place for help is lacking. If and when I get proficient at the more simple operations I might even do a video to help old ops like me !! Rolling Eyes

[Updated on: Fri, 08 May 2015 03:36]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Azden PCM-463 Microphone Wiring Pinout
Next Topic: Yaesu VX-8DR Air Band TX Unlock
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 16:54:01 EST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03782 seconds